It was announced yesterday, that Dr. Christopher Collins, Director of the Center for Advanced Human Resources at Cornell University, is scheduled to present at Joan B. Kroc School of Justice and Peace University of San Diego on April 26th. It will be from 5:30-6:30 PM. There will be a private reception for companies that bring their CEO, or CFO. HR professionals who are accompanied by their Chief Executive Officer or Chief Financial Officer at the event, will be eligible to attend a private, pre-event cocktail reception where they can meet and speak with Dr. Collins.
The event is being held by the San Diego Society for Human Resource Management (SDSHRM) as a special event for members and the public. The registration fee for members up until April 16th is $35, and $45 after that. For non-members the fee is $60 through April 16th and $75 after that. You can register by visiting the SDHRMS site online at http://www.sdshrm.org.
Dr. Christopher Collins is a founding father in the field of HR analytics. His presentation will include information on data collection, both which data to collect, and how to analyze the data once it has been collected.
All levels of HR professionals will benefit from Dr. Collins’ presentation on how HR practices shape the workplace in. He will focus on HR’s impact on creation, knowledge, and innovation. Also, a main focus will be how HR policies and procedures help foster employee engagement and employment brand equity.
Christopher J. Collins Credentials:
- Associate Professor of Human Resource Management in the School of Industrial and Labor Relations
- Director of the Center for Advanced Human Resource Studies at Cornell University
- Ph.D. in Organizational Behavior and Human Resources from the Robert H. Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland
- He serves on the editorial review board of the Academy of Management Journal and the Journal of Applied Psychology
- Dr. Collins has worked as a private HR consultant to many Fortune 500 companies and start-ups
- Dr. Collins is a member of the Academy of Management, Strategic Management Society, Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, and Society for Human Resource Management
Publications that have Featured Dr. Collins’ Research:
- Academy of Management Journal
- Journal of Applied Psychology
- Personnel Psychology
- Human Resource Management Review
- Human Performance, and the Journal of Business and Psychology
So, if you are a Human Resource professional in the Southern California area, why not make the trip to beautiful San Diego? The information and training you will receive will surely improve your HR skills, and your employer will likely fund the trip. If you can talk your CEO, or CFO into going to the event with you even better, meeting with an HR dynamo like Dr. Collins in person doesn’t happen every day, and the chance to pick his brain is an invaluable one. Any Southern Californians out there who are going to attend, I hope you learn a lot, and have fun as well.